June 2011: Another try on galaxies, … and the QSI against M13!

I keep on working (hard!) on improving the guidind and also the post-processing. To trhis, galaxies pose a great challenge to me. So, I tried on M101, and here is the result. Not so bad, although I should have got more signal! And the gradient problem is still there (until I take flats!), and oblige me to apply some severe corrections with PixInsight, which, I’m sure, spoil somehow the whole thing.

LRGB, with 4 600-second, binned 2X2, L frames, and 3 600-second, binned 3X3, throu RGB filters. Imaged with the QSI583WSG, guided with the DSI.

Go to this object description and this image technical detail.

Well, I thought it was time to test the QSI with a “big” one. I considered that my guiding techniques had improved enough to try. M13 is ALWAYS spectacular. Although it’s a bright and “easy” target, I find it challenging to properly image: smothly resolving the outskirts of it it’s something which is not simple.

RGB, with 180-second, binned 2X2, frames: 10XR, 8XG and 9XB. Imaged with the QSI583WSG, guided with the DSI.

 Go to this object description and this image technical detail.